How is it almost Labor Day already? I can’t believe summer has flown by so quickly. At the Peach we have been busy trying to soak up these last few weeks of summer and relax in the sun. Nothing quite beats sitting on a quiet porch (or poolside, if you’re lucky!) with a cocktail in hand.
To help you enjoy this last stretch of summer, we are sharing two of our favorite cocktails (we couldn’t pick just one!) that include our secret summer weapon- Lavender Syrup.
Lavender Syrup is a fantastic addition to any bar cart because it acts like a simple syrup with a subtle hint of flavor. It’s an easy way to give any basic cocktail a summery feel. We have been using lavender syrup for years now, and people always ask us “What do use this stuff for?” One of our favorite uses for lavender syrup is cocktails, duh!
We call this drink a French 76, rather than a French 75 since it includes one more extra ingredient than a classic 75- lavender!
- 1 oz Gin (we used Koval’s Dry Gin)
- 1/2 oz Lavender Syrup (Find it HERE)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Brut champagne or sparking wine (We love the Jean Jouis Blanc de Blancs French sparkling wine and Alice Extra Dry Prosecco for this).
- Fill shaker with ice
- Add the gin, lavender syrup, and lemon juice in shaker
- Shake till icy cold
- Pour in coupe, flute, or martini glass
- Top off with chilled champagne
- Garnish with a sprig of lavender and lemon twist
This recipe is similar to the ’76, but just a scosh sweeter. If you are worried about the drink being too sweet for your taste, I’d recommend cutting down the honey and adding a little more lemon instead!
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Lavender Syrup
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 oz honey
- Club soda
- Mix the vodka, lavender syrup, lemon, and honey in a shaker, filled with ice
- Shake it to your heart’s delight
- Pour into a glass (I love to use a highball for this drink- the Florence Tumbler by Juliska is a personal favorite of mine!)
- Top off with club soda.
- Garnish with a sprig of lavender and a twist of lemon (a thin lemon slice looks great, too!)
I’m just in love with these glasses by Juliska! They elevate even the simplest cocktail. You can shop our collection of Juliska on our website here.
Tip: When using the lavender syrup in cocktails, use sparingly. You don’t want to overwhelm your drink otherwise you risk having that soapy taste- yuck! Less is more when it comes to using lavender syrup!
How would you use lavender syrup? I’m dying to make these cookies with the lavender syrup mixed in!
- CarefulPeach’s Mother’s Day Gift Guide For Any Budget - May 10, 2018
- Storewide Sale Picks - September 21, 2017
- Two Lavender Cocktails You Need To Try - August 29, 2017
- The Hidden Beauty of Oak Park Courtyards - August 22, 2017
- Favorite Parisian Books - July 25, 2017
- Valentine’s Day Peach Picks - February 7, 2017
- Michelle’s Peach Picks - December 10, 2016
- The Best Fall Cocktail You Should Be Drinking Right Now - October 12, 2016